Video content marketing strategies must include some key elements in order to make your campaign successful. These are:
1. Your business must have a compelling video with a story to tell. Not everyone can tell a story and not everyone wants to do it. Some people just like to present information in a visual format and leave it at that. There is nothing wrong with this approach. But it is not for everyone. The people who really want to tell a compelling story can succeed. But the vast majority of businesses prefer a two part approach. They are in the business of selling something and explaining something.
2. You need to provide testimonials for the product or service that you are promoting. This is very important to do. The customer is not interested in having to see you in your office telling them how great you are. They want to see you in their own environment talking about how great your product or service is. Show them. Don’t make them imagine it. Make them truly experience it. By showing them you have their back like this your customers will feel much more comfortable in your presence. They will have no reason to feel threatened by your sales pitch. If they feel threatened they will quit watching the video. You can give testimonials on the internet. That is also a great strategy. But you can present real customers on camera instead of relying on Internet testimonials.
Video marketing must have a call to action. You need to tell your customer what they should do after watching the video. This is the easy part. How to do this is the tricky part. Most people do not do this. Many do not know how to do this. There are many different ways to get your customer to do something after they have watched the video. Some people like to hear a script. Others like to see a map. Still others like to be led by a map.
Whatever approach you take, you must make it easy for your customer to follow. I can tell you from experience you can never easy. If you make it too easy they will think it is not worth their time to follow through with your sales pitch. One thing I can tell you is you do not want to make your sales pitch too long. Your sales pitch should be brief and concise. At least for now. If your sales pitch takes longer than 4 minutes then your customers will quit watching it. You can get more details on video marketing by watching some of the videos out there. Look for videos that are under 5 minutes. That is generally the sweet spot. If your video is too long then it will be boring and your customers will be too bored to watch it. Keep your sales pitch short and to the point.
* Once you have setup your account with video sites like YouTube you need to buy real estate on their site. You can do this by going to the video sites page and clicking the “ads” button. You will see a section called “real estate”. You need to buy real estate in this section. You need to buy real estate where your video will appear. This will let you target your viewers as they move through their day. It will let you deliver your sales pitch to them. I recommend buying a lot of real estate so that you can have multiple locations where your video can appear. A lot of video sites will allow you to have only one spot. If you can buy multiple locations then you can have more locations where your customers have to travel to get to your video.
* Make sure you name your video correctly. You need to name your video with your keywords otherwise your videos potential viewers are lost.
* Set your video file type to .FLV. This way your viewers can watch your video without installing a plugin. If you don’t know what this means then your out of the loop. FLV stands for Flash-Video.
* If you are using a voice over then make sure it is keywords specific. You don’t want your voice over to read off the screen. You need to target your viewers with your keywords.
* For your call to action make sure it is specific to your video. If your selling widget how you can get more information. If its a service you need to put the specific services description.
* Be sure your use keywords in your tags and description. If you leave your tags blank it will select all videos with that tag. So if you have a white hat video you want to have your tags to be keywords focused.
* The last thing you need to do is give your video a sitemap. Many video sites do not have a sitemap. If you don’t do this you are leaving food for bugs to discover.
I hope this article will help you make your videos and make money at the same time.